Recipe: Honeycomb Protein Oat Pancakes
I had a fairly crappy day today, so I decided to whip up some oat pancakes for dinner (sorry, vegetables). Originally the recipe was from the HealthKitchen instagram, though I modified the recipe a fair bit to suit what I felt like and the ingredients I had.
Honeycomb Protein Oat Pancakes
What you’ll need
- 125ml hot water
- 20g oat bran
- 20 oats (I used oat flour/ground oats so my pancakes were smoother)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used honeycomb)
- 1 egg white
- Coconut Oil (for greasing the pan)
- 1/2 a banana (optional)
How to make it
- In a bowl, add in your hot water, oat bran and oats. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- While your oats are cooking in the hot water, get another bowl/cup and mix the egg white and protein powder.
- Add all ingredients together and mix well – make sure there are no clumps.
- Grease your frypan with a small amount of coconut oil (if it’s a good non-stick one, you probably won’t need to do this).
- Pour and cook your pancake mix on a medium heat. Be careful – they are a little more fragile than standard white flour pancakes.
- Stack your pancakes and you’re good to go!
- Optional – top with banana!
Posted on July 12, 2013, in Nutrition/Food, Recipes and tagged clean eating, food, honeycomb pancakes, honeycomb protein oat pancakes, nutrition, oat pancakes, protein pancakes, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.