Exercise Spotlight: Seated Cable Rows
Perhaps I’ve been a little biased in my exercise spotlight choices so far. Seated Cable Rows are another one of my favourite exercises and are pretty effective when performed correctly.
How to complete Seated Cable Rows
- Using the low pulley row machine, attach the seated pulley handle that looks like this:
- Adjust the weight to suit what you can do. If in doubt, start light and work your way up.
- Once you are sitting back so your knees are slightly bent, lean over (don’t hunch) and grab the handle.
- Pull back on the handle and sit up so your back is at a 90 degree angle to the seat/your legs. You will now be in the starting position for seated cable rows.
- Without moving your torso and while exhaling, pull the handle towards yourself (be sure to keep your arms close to your sides). As you pull, squeeze your back muscles.
- Pull the handle towards yourself until it touches your torso. Hold for a few seconds, and return to the starting position while breathing in.
For more information on seated cable rows, check out the bodybuilding.com exercise guide, or watch the video below: