Recipe: Crust-less Mini Quiches
I’m actually not much of an egg lover, but I’ve been making these for my family as a healthier snack option/easy meal. I’ve been told they taste great, so I’ll have to trust their opinion. The photo above had some capsicum added on top of the below recipe as well.
What you’ll need
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup lite milk (or your choice of milk)
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup spring onions
- 1 can of corn kernels
- 150g bacon
- 150g cheese (I used Coles light tasty)
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (fan forced).
- Grease a silicone cupcake/muffin baking tray.
- Cook bacon and spring onion in a pan.
- Whisk eggs, milk and flour together in a jug (or bowl).
- Add the carrot, zucchini, corn and bacon.
- Add most of the cheese to the mix. Leave a little aside to top your quiches.
- Pour/spoon the mixture into the muffin pan.
- Add remaining cheese.
- Bake your quiches in the oven for approx. 25 minutes or until nicely browned.
Approximate macros per quiche:
Calories – 169
Fat – 8.3g
Carbs – 12g
Protein – 11.67g
Fibre – 1g