Setting goals + my 2 year gymiversary!
Oh, hey there! Even though I’ve been absent from writing of late, I am still working away at becoming the best possible version of myself.
While I was at the gym today, I realised I missed my two year anniversary of joining the gym and overhauling my lifestyle! April 10th, 2010 was the day I decided enough was enough and that I was tired of being overweight (I was just over 82kg!) and hating the way I looked and felt. I never thought it would become such a hobby/interest for me, but I am so glad it has.
In light of what I have dubbed my gymiversary, I think it’s time to sort out my goals for the year and get my online presence back on track!
Goals – this year
A few things I want to achieve within the next 8 months (2014):
- Reach 200kg 0n the leg press – I actually broke my personal best for the plated/sled leg press today and am currently sitting at 160kg for 10 reps.
- Get a dexa scan – This is something I really should have done a long time ago.
- Complete Run Newcastle, 30/11/2014 – In an ideal world, I’d be able to run the 12km, but I am aiming to at least run the 6km track.
- Practice yoga and meditation more regularly (yoga at least once a fortnight)
- Try at least 3 new workout types – time to branch outside of outdoor circuits and and the gym!
- Read at least 3 nutrition books
- Be able to do 5 unassisted pull-ups with good form – I am terrible at pull-ups. Time for improvement!
I’m sure I’ll think of more to add to this list soon, and I’ve really got to get some updated photos up, but for now, adiós!
Regular updates and photos can be found on my Facebook page, so be sure to stop by! x